Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pre-Dawn Barn

Ever had one of those nights where you can’t sleep? What do you do? Well if you are a photographer our medicine is to get up and go shoot and that is what I did. I had no idea where to go so I just headed back to my hometown and travelled some of the back roads that were part of my childhood. I happened to come upon an old famiiy friend’s barn. I had not been there for years, in fact the last time I was there I was the 14 year old city slick trying to help throw square bales into the loft. I was glad to now be there in my element taking her picture. The pre-dawn sky was aglow from the lights nearby in St. Albert and I thought that she looked pretty majestic against that glow. Eventhough she had long since been retired she still had a presence reminiscent of her early days against the vacant lot and spruce trees. All I had to do was to put my camera in place and shoot her portrait.